Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cards Magazine spotlight...

Do you subscribe to Cards Magazine? If so, you've probably seen the September issue by now and my mug in there along with an article about me! I haven't seen it yet, but about 6 months ago when Alisha Gordon from Cards Magazine sent me an e-mail asking me to be the Spotlight Designer for September, I about fell outta my chair! Me? You've got to be kidding! I'm anxiously awaiting my issue. Here are a few things I created for it...
Back 2 School card: Here I used a Worldwin card base and printed out a teacher poem that says, "Teacher: For all the time, all the care, the things you know, the wear and tear. For all you do we want to say, Happy Back to School Day!" I added some Pink Paislee papers from the Winsome collection, rub ons and their sticker letters.

Happy Fall card: I used the Captivating line by Pink Paislee on this one and the gorgeous flower turned into a little fall tree. I added the autumn rub on over the chipboard letters. This is still one of my favorite lines..the colors are yummy for fall!4 You card: This one has lots of different things on it...Captivating paper, Enchanting paper, stickers and chipboard letters, Pop Fashion rub ons and Vintage Moon rub ons (Press Ons as they call them)...all by Pink Paislee.
If you haven't seen Cards Magazine before, you should definitely check it out. I think they are offering on-line issues as well for a cheaper price point now.

One question I have been asked is: How do you mail your dimensional cards?
I do have to admit...I love adding dimension and things that pop up off my cards. Not sure why...it's a sickness. ha I just think it makes a card come alive. My family all live in South Dakota and usually I am mailing boxes with gifts inside, so it's easy to just stick my card in the box with the gift and it won't get squished or harmed in any way. So most of my cards are sent in the mail that way. But..if you have a special card you want to make for someone like a teacher or friend, you could certainly hand deliver it instead of putting it in the mail. If I know I am going to mail it the regular way, a button or two won't harm anything, but I wouldn't go all-out dimensional in that case. Hope that answer helps!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

HUGE congrats girl, well-deserved spotlight Dani, your work is always so very clever & creative!!

Cristina Tronco said...

beautiful cards!
always an inspiration!

Vel said...

Your work astounds me! Love these...and congrats on the pub and interview.

Kadee said...

I did read your little spotlight! Congrats!

roree said...

Huge congrats, Dani! I saw it at Hobby Lobby and it looked great. Can't wait to get the copy in my hands though. Hugs!

roree said...

I forgot to say how gorgeous your cards are! Oops! Congrats again! :D

whoistracy said...

Congrats Dani! I don't subscribe- can't afford it after spending my free $$ on craft supplies. LOL Love your work, as always.

Diana Waite said...

this is SO exciting! Congrats to you!! okay, to answer your question about mailing dimensional cards. I learned the hard way not to mail them straight out. The envelope along with the card get shredded in the mail. Now, I cut down a piece of cardstock (the same size as my card) and place it in the front of my dimensional card. After that's done I just mail it off, not had a problem. If you were really concerned you could buy those bubble wrap envelopes and cut it down to size.....HTH! :) Thanks by the way for the eye candy! :)

DeeDee said...

Gorgeous work. I just LOVE stopping by your blog. Congrats on the article. :)

danni reid. said...

HUGE congrats my sweet friend! you are so deserving in every way!
haven't received my copies yet but will check it out right away when i do!
hugs & so much love!
danni

danni reid. said...

oh & on the shipping of the cards, if you want to ship cards that are puffed with l♥ve giggle, there are 5 x 9 bubble mailers from Staples, i love them, (you can order them on-line if they're not carried in stores) http://www.staples.com/Staples-Poly-Bubble-Mailers-00-5-x-9/product_725791?cmArea=SC1:CG16:DP1781:CL142648:SS1032071

they cost a bit more but you're making your own card & not paying store price for it so you can splurge a little...giggle your card & any other items you want to include will arrive safely.

Unknown said...

Hey Beautiful!, I LOVE LOVE those cards girl, your always rockin it hard! Congrats!

Pat said...

Congrats!!! Love your cards! Especially like how you did the tree!

Tracey Taylor said...

This is SO WELL DESERVED!! HUGE congrats to you. The cards you created are simply FANTASTIC! WTG

Kelly B Rutherford said...

These are cards are fabulous!!!

Jennifer Beason said...

Congrats on your well deserved spotlight, Dani!!! Your cards are AWESOME! :)

Tara Powell said...

I did see you in the September issue!
What an honor (although you make the best cards of anyone I know so it's only inevitible!)
Congrats on this achievement
Have a great weekend!
:)
Tara

Eva said...

Dani, your cards are ALWAYS amazing!!!! You so deserve all the spotlight!!! CONGRATS!!! Hugs, Eva

Melonie said...

Congrats Dani! I totally have to go and get a Cards Mag. this weekend. Love all of your cards!!

Tracy said...

congratulations! your creations are gorgeous. : )

Christiane said...

congrats!!! it's soo inspiring to dig in all your projects!! have a nice weekend!! :))

Kay said...

Oh Dani! I was SO excited to see you as the "Spotlight Designer" in my CARDS issue! I'm one of your biggest fans!!! Congratulations! It's WELL deserved!!! These are FABULOUS!! ♥♥ Kay

Sasha Farina said...

congrats Dani! and i am so not surprised! your cards are out of this world with their gorgeousness!

Wendy Kwok said...

Congrats! Your cards are always amazing!

Jennifer said...

I love your cards!!! :)

Regina Easter said...

wow wow wow wow....you're good....hugs