Monday, March 21, 2011

Hot hues for March...

Happy Spring to you! Boy, am I glad to see Spring arrive here in New York. The sun has been shining, and that makes me oh, so happy! Today over at the Pink Paislee blog, there is a beautiful Spring color combination for you to try...
I mixed the Soiree, Daily Junque and Parisian Anthology lines for this card. The pin was used to hang my little banner. I found some fun little mini spools in my crafting stash and thought they would add a little uniqueness to the banner.
The stickers are the Pink Paislee Soiree - Flags. They come in a long piece, you just fold them over the pin and they are sticky, so they are really easy to use. I stamped with the Soiree stamps on the ticket and the side of the card.
Next is a little party hat card. I used a large banner chipboard piece by Jenni Bowlin, covered it with paper, added a card base the same shape, a Soiree sticker and then some fun fringe made with the Printed Sheets tissue paper!
I like the "flair" that the tissue paper gives this card!
Stop over to Pink Paislee for a supply list and to read more about these! I hope you'll give this color combo a try. Make sure to link me up if you do - I'd love to see your cards or projects!

34 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the splashing colors!!!! Amazing!!
Hugs, Wendy

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Merveilleuses créations♥

Mary Jo said...

Adorable projects!
And I really do love the colors :)

Vio said...

**gasp** I love your banner card!! so cute and cool :o) ... spools are to die for!

Suzanne said...

Colorful inspiration for my Monday(: The projects are gorgeous!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Wow! Love the soiree designs! The colors and the elements are so perfect for birthdays or special parties! Super cute, Danielle!

Christa said...

I just love your cards! Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Just beautiful, Danielle!!! Love the new Soiree designs!! I too am loving the spring colors that are out. Can't wait for spring to officially be here!!! (very dreary here!)

ArlaMo said...

Gorgeous! The whole post just makes me happy with all that color.

Julie (juls2000) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the color combo and your book is so very awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Dani! So colorful and I need some of that paper whenever I can get my hands on it :-)

Diana Waite said...

AMAZING!! :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

I really am lovin' all the fun colors. It isn't spring here so I really enjoyed your fun post today.

AnnaMarie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS projects to go with such FUN spring colors! Love the mix of PP lines and your work is always SO inspiring! WOW! :) Might have to try this challenge myself - those colors are perfect for me. :)

lisa truesdell said...

gorgeous projects!

Kimber-Leigh said...

darling projects danielle! that color combo makes me happy!

Mindy Miller said...

What fun! I love those colors!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours! Thanks for sharing inspiration!

Lynn said...

So bright and fun...sure glad I ordered the "Soiree" kit on HSN last week. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Valerie said...

great projects - loving those sticky flags!!

jan metcalf said...

Such pretty colors!

Anonymous said...

You make the most amazing cards Dani and these are fantabulous!

Love those colors!

Queenie said...

I just ADORE ADORE ADORE these cards, and all the lovely other cards and layouts you make! Your style is divine and this is PURE yumminess!

Donna said...

Amazing Danielle, amazing. And thank you for the comment on
my blog yesterday. I won't be making it to Framingham this time, but I know you will have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Love the fun designs Danielle! I love that new Pink Paislee collection. Especially the cute spools! What a great colour combo - I will have to try and give it a go this week ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Keshet said...

Love the bright and happy colors!

Kimberly said...

LOVE your work ALWAYS! So bright and cheery...just BEAUTIFUL...just like you!!
xx
Loves,
K

Sherry Wright said...

These are amazing Dani, love the colors. Your new profile pic is gorgeous.. love the necklace. Hope all is well! :)

CalleLillyCafe said...

I absolutely love that towel rack card!

Bea said...

beauty!!!

Ania said...

Love how you make different elements and embellishments work perfectly together :)

Elizabeth said...

Love the bright and fun of these!!! It makes me smile thinking of spring!!!
e.

Anonymous said...

Hi, great projects and happy colors :)

have a nice day

regards from Istanbul

vasfiye

Anonymous said...

danielle, first of all, you ROCK! second- couple of questions. when you use double-sided paper, do you add anything to the interior of the card? also, when you stitch through the actual base, do you do anything inside the card? thank you!

mystele- littleglimpsesdotgmaildotcom