Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jenni Bowlin March kits...

Morning, everyone! Today is the 10th and you know what that means.....the completed gallery for the Jenni Bowlin kits is being revealed today! I tried to use mostly just the main kit this time....as it seems, I like to mix and match all of the kits, but I wanted to show you how you can make the most of your main kit.

You know me and pocket cards, I love them to pieces! On this one, I used a pre-fab envelope by Fancy Pants and tucked one of the JB Journaling cards inside with the cute little bobbin attached to it. I cut the red paper/folded it into a little gift tag.
The red lines are a JB rub on from the kit - added a Papertrey Ink stamp sentiment from my stash.

On the next card, I really wanted to use the girl silhouette (journaling card), so I made a little necklace for her. ha I used the red rub ons from the kit and mixed in my handwriting. I don't normally use my handwriting, but thought I would try it this time.

To stitch the necklace, I used floss and poked holes on either side of her neck, then went in from the back, attached the charm and went back down through the front. I tied the floss in a knot on the back of the journaling card before adhering it to the card base.
The clock paper inspired the next card - I thought of birthdays and parties, so I used the little banner pieces and stamped "time to party" on them. A permanent ink like StazOn works well with the slippery surface of the stickers. (The banner chipboard comes in the kit too!) Ribbon's from my stash.
Sometimes I get bored with design and want to try something new! As in the case of this next card. I cut a large flower/leaf from one of the papers and painted over it with a Malted Milk paint dabber. (The button is from the project kit, twine from my stash.) I used the rub on lines from the kit over the paint when it was dry, then did a little stamping with a Jenni Bowlin Cough Syrup ink pad.


The last card was made with the HERS add-on kit, which I looooved. (This month there is a hers and a his.)
I used 2 Jenni Bowlin die cuts tied together with twine for the card base. Loved the colors in the vintage toothpaste label! Stamped a "smile" stamp with Cough Syrup ink. (stamp is Papertrey Ink)


You can view all of the kits for sale HERE. I'm off to take care of my sick girl. Both of my girls have had the stomach bug in the past few days. I'm praying for spring to arrive soon! Have a great day,

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

sorry the girls are sick. You cards are absolutely amazing!! :)

Bendito Colibrí said...

.Hola, me gusta mucho tu tabajo, siempre te visito porque haces cosas muy bellas, cariños

Raechelle Bellus said...

Love your projects! That vintage label is beautiful! Hope the girls are feeling better. That's not fun.

Rebekah said...

Beauty everywhere I look.. such inspiration here. Love your work!

Jocelyn said...

Love these Danielle...you are amazing!!!

What a wonderful kit!!! I am off to check it out!!!

Karey said...

I miss the card kits you used to design for Creative keepsakes! Seeing these reminded me of them.
Great job.

curlyqmosaics said...

These are absolutely gorgeous as always! I am totally going crazy over the "smile" one. It is too cute!!!

Sandy Ang said...

Just found your blog and am in awe of your creativity ! Love how you use products in use new and interesting ways. Thanks for all the incredible inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Great cards Danielle! I love how you gave the silhouette girl a pretty necklcae - perfect touch!
Hope you have a restful weekend and your girlies are on the mend, hugs, Ruth S ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love, love your cards, Danielle! Just had to pop over to tell you again after I saw these beauties on 2Peas this morning. :)

Janna Werner said...

So stinkin cute, Danielle! All of them! Love the great photos as well! Janna

Andrea Amu said...

Such gorgous projects as always!
I love the silhouette card esp.! So cool!