Sunday, March 15, 2015

Release day...


Good morning! It's the 15th! Today is release day at Papertrey Ink, and that means all of the new release stamps and dies we've been showing you are going to be available for purchase at 10pm EST tonight. I'll show you a few more things I've made.

Here I've used the new Retro Style Graduation stamps with the Block Alphabet die with several colors of cardstock to add a fun, colorful congrats sentiment!

Getting the alphas straight would have been more time consuming, so I opted to go with a fun random look this time. It's not as perfect as I wanted it to be, but it will do! It's handmade, right?

Some colorful scraps for your beautiful Sunday morning... :)

Congratulations Grad card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Retro Style Graduation
INK: True Black
PAPER: White cardstock
DIES: Block Alphabet die
OTHER: twine.
______

Next is a little card set with Brushed Blooms, but I also added in Sentiment Splits (so happy for you) and Noted (chevrons) on the first one. 
The chevrons from Noted were stamped on the edge of the paper to create a stripe, then I popped up the top panel for dimension. (The flower is popped up also.)

The background was stamped with Brushed Blooms with Aqua Mist ink on watercolor paper, and then I used a paintbrush and water to smooth it out a bit and blend it. I love how it adds a "shadow effect" to the flower. A sentiment from Sentiment Splits finishes it off.

Happy For You card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Brushed Blooms, Sentiment Splits, Noted
INK: Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Lavender Moon, Scarlet Jewel, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, True Black by PTI; Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: watercolor paper, white cardstock
DIES: Brushed Blooms
OTHER: twine.
______


This one has the same flower and colors, but I trimmed the flower in half. Half of the flower was added to the top of the oval frame and half to the bottom. The frame, birthday sentiment and stripes were made with You've Been Framed: Oval stamps and dies.

Do you like the background? I did some "smooshing" with a gray watercolor paint onto Linen Cardstock with very little water. I added the watercolor paint to a stamping block and flattened it onto my card, and then when I dragged the stamping block across the Linen cardstock, I achieved this pretty cross hatch effect!

Happy Birthday card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Brushed Blooms, You've Been Framed: Oval
INK: Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Lavender Moon, Scarlet Jewel, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
PAPER: Fine Linen cardstock by PTI; other - gray cardstock from craft supply
DIES: Brushed Blooms, You've Been Framed: Oval
OTHER: watercolor paints.
______

This one is stamped with Retro Style Birthday Sentiments, and I used one of the Watercolor Wonder patterned papers. It is cut with the new Sentiment Splits: Angle Vertical die.

You can't see it all that well in the photo, but the paper is trimmed at an angle and popped up off the card, and I stamped "cake" inside underneath in the opening with Melon Berry ink. I thought the gold twine would be pretty with these colors.

There's Always Room For Cake card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Retro Style Birthday Sentiments
INK: Melon Berry, True Black
PAPER: white cardstock, Watercolor Wonder Patterned Paper Pack
DIES: Sentiment Splits: Angle Vertical
OTHER: gold twine - The Twinery, sequins- Pretty Pink Posh.
______

This grad card was made with a Gold Luxe Foil paper. I used an exacto knife to trim around the inside frame a bit, then tucked in a Enclosed: Graduation die (hat). The tassel was trimmed out of the Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheets and popped up a bit for dimension.

On the front, I used Keep It Simple: Graduation and Enclosed: Graduate stamps. On the inside, I used Tucked In: Congratulations.

Happy Graduation card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Graduation, Enclosed: Graduate, 
Tucked In: Congratulations (on inside)
INK: True Black
PAPER: True Black and Linen cardstock, Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheets, Gold Luxe Foil Patterned Paper Collection (dot)
DIES: Enclosed: Graduate dies
OTHER: none.
______

That's it for me! All of these new products will be available on March 15 at 10pm EST. Visit the team to see more ideas:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the instructions on the grey linen "smooshed" background. It's such a lovely touch!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous cards!

Rebecca said...

Your cards are always very pretty & inspiring. :)

I have a dumb question. I have an old Revolution that I haven't had it out in a few years. Can I use the dies you use with it? I'm interested in using some dies again, but not sure if I need to invest in another machine? Thanks!!

jan metcalf said...

I love, love, love your floral cards!!

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderfully constructed & photographed inspiration!
Your blog is so beautiful, lovely to look at and each photo a joy! The gray watercolor bg is a favorite. Love the cross-hatch effect!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

Gorgeous cards eve single one!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Mc said...

You aren't helping me narrow down my list, Danielle! (wink) I'm going to stop looking at the DT posts because it makes me want it all…but I know I can't spend that much. Gorgeous creations ~ every. single. one!

claudia shadler said...

Yey! all gorgeous cards! C

SD pooja said...

Awesome cards !